How Do I “Attend” An Online Conference/Summit?
The IVAA Online Summit will be using GoToWebinar. You will be emailed a link to the login page the day prior to the start of the summit. Emails are sent late in the day or evenings.
You need just a computer, headset or phone (see requirements below).
Click on the desired session from the web page provided (web page sent via email in advance to registered attendees). You will be prompted to download “GoToWebinar” software, a plugin. Press “Ok” or “Allow” to activate, you may be prompted to enter your “Name” and “Email.” All attendees enter the session in “Listen Only Mode.” If you need to ask a question, you can type the text in the Questions pane of the GoToWebinar control panel.
Do I need to attend all events on both days?
You may come and go throughout the days and join any session(s) you choose. Recordings of all sessions will be available within 2-4 weeks following the event. You will be notified by email when the recordings are available for download.
What do I need in order to participate in the online conference?
- By Computer – speakers on your computer to listen to presentations or a headset with microphone (USB recommended) if you wish to ask the presenters questions. For headset users, setup your Sound and Microphone settings prior to entering session for optimal use. Fast internet connection of 384 kbps or more is recommended. All VOIP users (via computer) logging in to the webinar, arrive “Muted.” If you need to ask a question, you can type the text in the Questions pane of the GoToWebinar control panel.
- By Phone – or you can call in via phone with numbers in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe (long distance charges may apply). All callers enter the room “Muted”. If you need to ask a question, you can type the text in the Questions pane of the GoToWebinar control panel.
- Watch the presentations through your computer screen (Internet connection required: cable modem, DSL or better recommended)
- What are the system requirements?
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- Mac: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
When do I receive my login information for the Online VA Summit?
Your conference login information will be forwarded the day prior to the start of the summit. Please check and adjust your spam filter to allow ivaa.org domain to receive your instructions and login information. If you have not received your login information by the morning of the summit, please contact us.
Do I have to be an IVAA member?
No, it is open to all Virtual Assistants and those who wish to learn more about becoming a VA. Many of the sessions would be applicable to people who work virtually as well.
Can IVAA help me as a Virtual Assistant?
The International Virtual Assistant’s Association is a non profit membership association. As a trade association, our goal is to represent the Virtual Assistance industry by educating the public of the VA profession, promote the Virtual Assistant industry at conferences, provide value to its members with educational opportunities, networking opportunities including live conferences, membership benefits including vendor discounts, and an active RFP system for IVAA members.
Learn more about our membership, you can join as a member to take advantage of both the membership opportunities as well as the special pricing for the Online Summit.